2019-10-04 - Starting new game project
In this session, Frank is starting a new project. It’s a text-based adventure game that will (eventually) use AI. Starting by the beginning, he will list the tech and features of this project.
- Twitch (for 60 days)
- 00:00:01 - Bonjour, Hi!
- 00:02:10 - I read a book about…
- 00:18:37 - Draft notes about game-plan
- 00:32:54 - try to Run in debug the Project Dover
- 00:38:37 - @1kevgriff (author of Project Dover), visit on the stream
- 00:54:43 - Test Project Dover in VS2019
- 01:22:41 - Add Item list in a room
- Just get started… and see it it look fun.
- Add a Look at item
- @nopogo_tv: 6 viewers
Streams Notes/ Snippets/ Shared urls
Blind2050 - https://github.com/FBoucher/ProjectDover
Text-based adventure game, in a near future where you and your glasses companion are exploring your environment. Base on the ProjectDover
Story - Your blind - Companion glasses (talk to you) Named: “B” - Amnesia? - A narrator summaries the history at the beginning. - Near future 2050
Tech - Using AI to simplify commands ( talk humans AI translate to game commands) - Could go voice - Blazor so game completely portable (console, web assembly) - .Net Core - Some data store (file, database)
Inspired from: https://github.com/1kevgriff/ProjectDover
Interesting book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34376766-blood-sweat-and-pixels