In this session, Frank is working on Blind2021, a text-based adventure game written in .Net Core. There two tasks today.
The first one, add a room status. This way if you take an object in the room or do a particular action the room description will change.
The second one, add key events that will be “released” so we can aggregate them in a summary.
- 00:00:01 - Bonjour, Hi!
- 00:01:00 - Quick intro about Project Dover (aka Blind2021)
- 00:02:44 - Show & tell
- 00:08:13 - Question of the day… what should we work on…
- 00:14:28 - Just play it to show you
- 00:19:45 - Adding a special room for Brady
- 00:29:28 - Start coding adding trigger and room status.
- 01:09:24 - Testing room status.
- 01:21:54 - Start working on Summary Generator
- 01:28:44 - Q: When is my next meetup?
- 01:35:10 - Back code… Adding Key event
- 01:58:37 - Wrapping-up, recap and stuff…
- Add special room for Brady